5 Nut Butter Tips
- Keep your nuts in the freezer. (Did I just say that?) They will stay fresh longer.
- It’s SUPER loud when you first turn the Food Processor on, so warn everyone in the house, even the dog. Plan on 10 – 15 minutes of food processing. You might think it’s done, but keep it going for creamy butter consistency.
- Cashews and almonds make an amazing combination.
- Add Himalayan salt and a squeeze of honey or maple syrup.
- Store your nut butter in the refrigerator.
Almond Cashew Nut Butter
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Several grinds of Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 squeeze of honey or teaspoon real maple syrup to taste
- Add the nuts to the food processor. Don’t take Tip #2 lightly, it’s really loud. Plan on 10 to 15 minutes of food processing. You might think it’s done, but keep it going for creamy butter consistency. If your nut butter turns in to ball stop and chop it up with the hard spatula. Then keep it going.
- When it finally gets to the consistency you like, add the salt and maple syrup. Give it a few whirls. The best part is after all that processing the nut butter is warm. So be sure to plan on eating a little right away! I always love to make this right before making my Sweet Potato Cookies or Banana Muffins because I use it in both recipes.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes